- On this play Lee is unable to break the cornerbacks cushion, because of this the cornerback never has to turn his hips allowing Lee to break back on the ball and get separation. Lee makes a great play on the ball and is able to keep his feet in bounds. Lee is very adept at coming back to the ball whether on a comeback route or breaking off his route and coming back to the ball.
- On this play Lee finds an open spot in the zone and sits down waiting for the ball. Lee is able to make the catch and make a play after the catch, he needs to get up the field after the catch rather than dancing though.
- On this play Lee was not able to separate from the cornerback on his in route, but as Lee sees that his quarterback is extending the play he smartly finds an opening in the defense and comes back towards the ball, drags his feet, the only negative is that Lee doesn’t pluck the ball out of the air but he lets the ball come into his shoulder pads
- On this play Lee shows good burst off the line and runs a crisp out route, but to end the play Lee makes a big mistake, again Lee watches the ball into his chest instead of plucking the ball out of the air.
- On this play Lee shows very minimal effort in his blocking, blocking for a wide receiver is as much effort as skill. If a wide receiver wants to be a good blocker he usually can be, Lee doesn’t look like he wants to be a good blocker. Lee comes up to the defensive back and instead of planting his feet and engaging in a block all Lee does is push the defensive back, Lee needs to engage in a stalk block with the defensive back to prevent him from making a tackle on the running back. The defensive back makes the tackle and this could have been a big play if it weren’t for Lee missing his block.
- On this play Lee wasn’t able to get separation, this happens often to Lee but he is very adept at working himself open after breaking off his routes. Lee is running a skinny post here so he can’t break off his route, Lee has to have the ability to beat the press of the cornerback or have the ability to make a sharp cut in his route rather than rounding off his routes. Lee is not able to get open and his quarterback has nowhere to throw the ball, although it is a very poor throw Lee does not track the ball and therefore he is not able to make a play on the ball.
- On this play again Lee is not able to beat his man over the top, this could have been expected due to his man playing 5 yards off the line of scrimmage. The QB basically throws up a desperation heave even though Lee is well covered, although Lee is covered he again shows that he does not play the ball in the air aggressively.
- On this play again Lee is not able to get separation from the corner, although Lee has great quickness he does not show breakaway speed. Lee’s QB again just throws the ball up to give Lee a chance to make a play, Lee this time is able to track the ball and make a play. Although Lee makes the catch he does not high point the ball or catch with his hands, he allows the ball to come into his chest which ends up causing an incomplete pass.
- On this play Lee again is not able to get separation, this time on a crossing route. The QB has to escape the pocket to buy Lee more time to separate from the defensive back. Once Lee catches the ball he ends up off balance and is not able to turn up field and gain extra yardage, Lee needs to use his great quickness to make more plays with the ball in his hands.
- On this play Lee’s QB throws as good of a screen pass as you could ask for, it hits him in the numbers, and it brings Lee’s momentum in towards the QB which allows him to turn up field. Once Lee catches the ball Lee makes a mistake by not accelerating and picking up every available yard, Lee decides to dance around and ends up losing 3 yards.
- This is one of the few times that Lee is able to get separation over the top, the cornerback is playing bump and run coverage but allows Lee to get off of the line easily and only tries to jam him after he is three yards off of the line and barely gets a hand on Lee. If an NFL quarterback was making this throw it would have been a completion for a big gain.
- On this play the linebackers do not get proper depth on their drops into zone coverage and Lee ends up wide open. Lee makes one of the biggest mistakes a wide receiver can make, Lee doesn’t concentrate on the ball and look it into his hands. Lee doesn’t catch with his hands either, Lee lets the ball come into his shoulder pads which causes the ball to pop into the air for an interception.
- On this play Lee is allowed to get off of the line freely, he uses his good footwork and quickness to get the cornerback to take a false step inside, this allows Lee to release freely outside up field. Lee is able to separate down field and the quarterback hits Lee in stride, Lee makes a solid catch and is able to pick up yards after the catch with a quick juke move.
- Here Lee makes another big mistake, Lee rounds off his route and the linebacker knows that he is not getting the ball. The linebacker is able to make a play on the ball because Lee is not open and his cornerback doesn’t need help. The linebacker gets an interception and returns it for a touchdown.
- Great first step and quickness
- Able to release off of the line when not jammed
- Great at finding openings in a zone defense
- Ran a full route tree in college
- Comes back to the ball at all time
- Is not able to get over the top of a defense
- Catches with his body not his hands
- Does not high point the ball
- Does not always show great effort or concentration
- Often rounds off his routes
Lee will be Late First Round pick due to his ability to play the inside or the outside, and his big play ability. Due to Lee’s average hands and occasional poor effort I only see Lee as a Mid-Second Round Pick value.